The Harnkegger Games Committee (HGC) is chaired by Kandral Strongbeard, Lord of the kinship of Durin's Folk (on the Laurelin Server).
Further members of the Games committee include members of the kinship of Durin's Folk, Shire Angling Club and
The Blue Mountains Regiment (the three kinships that host the Harnkegger Games VII).
Current Members of The Harnkegger Games Committee are: Alhvar, Byl, Gildoin, Glorieskh, Fredskald, Kandral, Omali, Ponso, Thorlaen, Hruird and Hosgrim.
The HGC's role is:
- To encourage and support the promotion of games, merriment and the spirit of fair play.
- To ensure the regular celebrations (through
music, ale and food) at the Harnkegger Games;
- To promote peace and merriment among all kindred of Middle Earth;
- To act against any form of discrimination affecting the Harnkegger Games;
- To encourage and support the principle of total
equality of all competitors, regardless of gender, age, nation or race.
- To ensure the fairness of the Harnkegger games and act strongly against any form of cheating.
- To ensure all winners of the Games receive their rewards as granted during
- To oppose any political or commercial abuse of the Harnkegger Games by competitors or others;
- To promote, via the annual Harnkegger Games, a positive, uplifting and inspiring image of player-run gaming events in LotRO.
Merriment, Brotherhood, Fair-Play and Honour.
The core values of the Harnkegger Games are:
Harnkegger Games are but once a year and we, from hosts to onlookers, should aim to provide a state of unmatched exuberance throughout the Games to hosts, stewards, competitors, supporters and onlookers alike.
Brotherhood: We respect
all kindreds, clans, races, nations and genders alike in the spirit of brotherhood. For the period of the Harnkegger Games ALL are brothers.
Fair-Play: Good behaviour, leading by example and following the rules are not mere guidelines
but are core principles of the Harnkegger Games.
Honour: It is a privilege to be allowed to be part of the Harnkegger Games, not a right. As such we expect all hosts, stewards, competitors, supporters and onlookers alike to conduct
themselves with honour toward all, at all times.