HORSE RACES ARE BACK IN HARNKEGGER VII
The bug detected in Harnkegger V that increased the speed of mounts of players that bought the Apprentice Riding Trait or Journeyman Riding Trait
has been resolved by the good people at SSG. As a result, two horse racing events have been put back into this year's Harnkegger Games schedule.
HORSE RACE RULES:
* Only standard speed ponies, horses or goats (62% - NOT 68%!) will be allowed, no warsteeds.
* We ask all competitors NOT to use any mount speed buffs, or any other buff that may give them an advantage during the race. People
that have acquired the Apprentice or Journeyman riding skills are kindly asked to activate their "smell the roses skill" prior to mounting their steed.
* Participating riders will be given a clear explanation again of the course before the race
begins. Riders are welcome to visit the race site and practice the course before race day.
* Riders must only use their pony, horse or goat for transportation. Changing steeds will not be allowed mid-race, you must finish the race with the steed you started
with. Stables, milestones, wayfaring, camps, rally points, acorns, mustering horns, summons and all other non-mount forms of travel are not allowed.
* Spamming fellow riders, giving a false start signal, having allies ride in the wrong direction to mislead
riders, and all other forms of unsportsmanlike behaviour will result in disqualification.
* Riders must clear all checkpoints (if applicable) in the proper direction and order. Course judges are the final authority in determining if a checkpoint has been
properly cleared. (A decision can be appealed if screenshots or video can be presented immediately after the race.)
* The winner will be determined by the first rider to cross the finish line, not the first mount.
* If more than a dozen riders show
up to participate, there may be a qualifier race to narrow the field.
NOTES ON PRIZES:
(*4) = The tournament best is selected from the gold medal winners of each category of the sparring tournament
= In total more Lotro points may be handed out, depending on donations received to the HGC.
NOTE ON TIME ZONES / TIMES OF EVENTS:
All times mentioned in this post are on SERVER TIME of the LAURELIN Server (which is Boston Time)
- Meaning that 3PM ST, would equal 8PM UK Time and 9PM Central European Time.
(*6) = The race of "ELF" includes both High Elf and Elf classes.
(*7) = Inspiration for this feast in the Blue Mountains
can be found in lore: “It came to pass that at the midsummer the Dwarves, as was their custom, bade Eöl to a feast in Nogrod…” [The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Ch 16, Of Maeglin]. This year again we’ve changed the timing
(making it the end of summer instead of midsummer due to various reasons).
(*8 ) = The name “Harnkegger” is the name given originally by non-dwarves to both “Deep Ale Fest” and the winner of the games. The name finds
its origin in the words “Harn” (brains) and “Kegger” (“brewer / he who fills the kegs with ale”), and is a reference to both the smarts required to win in these games, as to the drinking of enormous amounts of ale between
(*9 ) = Beornings will also be counted as members of the race of "MEN".
(*10) = Any Stewards, Hosts and Judges that assisted in one or more events will NOT be eligible for the Harnkegger Champion or Fair Play
(*11) = Registration for the Music Event will be open from SEPTEMBER 5th till SEPTEMBER 20th ONLY ONLINE via link to be provided --- In the event the turn out for an event is higher than the Maximum Competitor
Number (MCN) of 12 listed in the event details, the host will use the registration list to roll call the competitors, in order of registration. Any competitor that has registered and is present will greatly increase their chances of competing. If however more
people register (AND are also present for the event) than the MCN listed then the first people that registered will get priority over those that registered later. This means that a registration does NOT guarantee you a spot in an event, yet those that register
in a timely manner will have a much greater chance to compete. In the event fewer people register than the limit the host will ask the potential competitors that have shown up to IM him/her, and will register people on a first come, first served
basis (quickest IM first).
* The HGC reserves the right to cancel events in the unlikely event a minimum number of competitors is not reached. Minimum numbers are depending on the event in question and are at the discretion of
the Harnkegger organizing committee. In such an eventuality the foreseen prizes (gold and Lotro Points) are distributed among other events or added to the main Harnkegger prize and Hero of the Harnkegger Nation prize.
* The HGC cannot fully
take into account the positive or negative impact of lag, technical issues, performance issues, bugs, crashes, server performance or glitches of any kind on the individual performance of the competitors. As such no do-over, compensation or additional attempts
will be granted to competitors that may have been put at a disadvantage due to such unpredictable occurrences. In the event of a game/server wide crash, the HGC may decide to start the event again, entirely at the discretion of the event host.
* It is the aim of the Harnkegger Games Committee to hand out ALL Lotro Points codes and gold directly to the winners within a period of 24 hours via in-game letter. In case a prize winner would not be online during the following weeks and the prize
returned to the Harnkegger Games Committee, the prize will be stored for a period of a month, so the prize winner can claim their prize. If after this period the prize would not have been claimed, the prize will be placed in a pool for future events and the
prize winner will lose its claim to the prize.
Questions/Contact: Contact Kandral on Laurelin